Sunday, November 9, 2008

Final Thing

I'm very glad I decided to participate in the program because I didn't have any idea of all the interesting and mostly free things that are out there on the Internet. Prior to this, the extent of my Internet use outside of work was the occasional google search and e-mail. Now I can't wait to catalogue my daughter's collection of children's books on Library Thing.
My favorite exercise was working with Flickr. I loved uploading my photos, working with the image generators, and searching for interesting photos. After looking at all the gorgeous pictures on Flickr, I am inspired to learn more about digital photography. I also love browsing with StumbleUpon. I have found some interesting sites this way.
Most importantly, I understand more about the future of library services and how necessary it is for library employees to be at least aware of current and upcoming trends.
Although at times I felt like I was just muddling through some of the exercises I know a lot more than I did before and am more confident about navigating the Internet. I plan on going back through some of the items to make sure I got everything I can from the program.
I think the format and concept of the program was great. I liked having more time in between exercises because I didn't feel rushed.
I enjoyed the program and would definitely choose to participate if another discovery program was offered.

No comments: